Meet 6 traveling families who are out there, exploring the world with their kids, living the dream.
What they all have in common…
- They all have children – yes it is possible to travel with kids!
- They all had regular 9-5 jobs once
- They all had houses full of stuff and bills to pay
- They all had a dream, and worked hard to make it happen
- They are all educating their kids on the road
The following links are to pages on their websites, back in the planning stages to leave the rat-race behind. Once you’re on their great websites, dig around a bit. Take a peek at what these amazing families are up to now… be inspired.
- Meet the Lippincott Family. Lorilee and Byron of Loving Simple Living dreamed of teaching in an exotic location. They started simplifying their lives to find the freedom that enabled them to leave behind their business and take their two young children to China. Lorilee gives her readers excellent tips on de-cluttering and loving a simple life.
- You will love the Klaf Family. Gabi and Kobi Klaf have been wandering the globe with their three children for a couple of years now. Their website The Nomadic Family is a roller coaster ride of their amazing globetrotting adventure. Gabi writes about the good the bad and the truly inspiring with raw honesty – it’s addictive reading!
- Next up is the Makepeace Family, otherwise known as YTravel Blog. Caz and Craig are currently on a year long road-trip around Australia with their two little girls, but they have been traveling the globe since 1997. Their website offers a plethora of tips to get you travelling, and keep you on the road longer. Travel is their business, and they are experts in the field.
- I’ve only recently discovered the Walsh Family, aka The Little Aussie Travelers. Ree and Matt are traveling with their three children around Australia in a caravan, and they’re not showing any signs of stopping yet. These guys are experts on Australian roadtrips and adventure camping around the country.
- Dedicated homeschoolers, and budget family travel experts, Alyson and James at World Travel Family are backpacking their way around the world. After starting in Cairns, Australia, the Long Family with their two boys, made their way across South East Asia and then on to the UK. Alyson’s tales are informative, honest, and always interesting as this family settles in to life on the road.
- The Bender Family from Perth, Australia have been gallivanting all over the planet with their two young children for nearly two years! Travel With Bender is a website overflowing with wonderful photography of amazing locations, travel tips and interesting tales. You’ll want to invite these guys into your inbox just to see what they’ll get up to next.
There is a whole bunch of like minded families currently making there way around the planet with children. Each one that I’ve mentioned here, generously shares their experiences to encourage and inspire others to take a leap of faith and live their own Global Adventure.
Are you a family who’s left the rat-race behind? We’d love to hear your story, leave a link to your website in the comments.
Or, if like us you’re still in the planning stages, and you know of some awesome family travel blogs that you’d like to share, again, leave a link 😉